Welcome to the editorial home page of the International Journal of Business and Management Studies (IJBMS).
|International Journal of Business and Management Studies (IJBMS)|
|ISSN: 1309-8047 (Online) Open Access|
|Subject: Humanities, Social Sciences|
AIM AND SCOPE OF THE INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT STUDIES
The International Journal of Business and Management Studies is a peer-reviewed international journal published in English. It aims publishing high quality research studies in all sub-areas of business and management.
Being an international journal, the natural audience for the International Journal of Business and Management Studies includes academics, researchers, policy-makers, regulators, and practitioners.The journal accepts articles, that can be theoretical, applied, empirical, case-based or policy-oriented in the following areas of business and management. There is no clear-cut borders. Topics of interest include, but are not confined rigidly to the following list:
BUSINESS & MANAGEMENT
|• Management Science|
• Human Resource Management
• Organizational Behavior
• Strategic Management
• Operations Research
• Business Intelligence
• Change Management
• Corporate Governance
• Information Technology Management
• Knowledge Management
• Business Performance Management
• Total Quality Management
• Supply Change Management
• Systems Thinking & Systems Management
• Resource Management
• Public Relations
• Product Management
|• Business Education|
• Business Ethics
• Business Law
• Industrial Engineering
• International Business
• Information Systems
• Manufacturing Engineering
• Organizational Culture
• New Product Development
• Consumer Behavior
• Advertising Management
• Public Governance &
• Public Management
• Other Areas of Business and Management
Focus and Scope of Journal / Peer Review Model
The International Journal of Business and Management Studies (IJBMS) is an open access, double-blind peer-reviewed, international journal published in English.
The scope of IJBMS encompasses theoretical, empirical or policy oriented research articles, original research reports, reviews, short communication and scientific commentaries in the fields of organization, business, management etc.
Fees / Charges
There is no fee or any kind of charge for publication in (IJBMS).
Clearly, there is NO journal charge (any article submission or processing charges.)
Authors are obliged to participate in peer review process. All authors must understand that they have significantly contributed to the research. All authors are obliged to provide retractions or corrections of mistakes. Authors must list all references in order and also declare any financial support that they received. Authors must know that it is forbidden to publish same research in more than one journal.
Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice
The International Journal of Business and Management Studies (IJBMS) is committed to upholding the highest standards of publication ethics and takes all possible measures against any publication malpractices. All authors submitting their works to the journal for publication as original articles attest that the submitted works represent their authors’ contributions and have not been copied or plagiarized in whole or in part from other works. The authors acknowledge that they have disclosed all and any actual or potential conflicts of interest with their work or partial benefits associated with it. In the same manner, the journal is committed to objective and fair peer-review of the submitted for publication works and to prevent any actual or potential conflict of interests between the editorial and review personnel and the reviewed material. Any departures from the above-defined rules should be reported directly to the Editor, who is unequivocally committed to providing swift resolutions to any of such a type of problems.
The International Journal of Business and Management Studies (IJBMS) is committed to follow the following additional principles:
– Publishers and editors shall take reasonable steps to identify and prevent the publication of papers where research misconduct has occurred.
– In no case shall a journal or its editors encourage such misconduct, or knowingly allow such misconduct to take place.
– In the event that a journal’s publisher or editors are made aware of any allegation of research misconduct the publisher or editor shall deal with allegations appropriately.
– The journal should have guidelines for retracting or correcting articles when needed.
– Publishers and editors should always be willing to publish corrections, clarifications, retractions and apologies when needed.
All manuscripts submitted are checked by Turnitin, an online plagiarism detection software. Similarity analysis reports are evaluated by the handling editor. If the similarity analysis indicates plagiarism or any similar misconducts with respect to publication ethics manuscripts are rejected without being considered for further review processes.
As clearly stated above, this journal is a double-blind peer-reviewed international journal published in English.
Articles for consideration should be submitted using the online submission form. Submissions through e-mail will not be considered. Submission is electronic only. Manuscripts are reviewed in an unbiased manner, receiving prompt attention by the editorial office and its reviewers. After a preliminary assessment of the suitability of the paper by the Editor, any paper will follow a peer review process. The review criteria considered are the novelty and originality of the paper, the quality of research methodology, the organization and clarity, the reference to prior work, and the quality of results. Reviewers are matched to the paper according to their expertise and our database is constantly being updated. Reviewers are also asked to evaluate whether the manuscript:
– Is original
– Is methodologically sound
– Follows appropriate ethical guidelines
– Has results which are clearly presented and support the conclusions
– Correctly references previous relevant work.
Language correction is not part of the peer review process, but reviewers may, if so wish, suggest corrections to the manuscript. On the other hand, required time for the review process is dependent on the response of the reviewers. Should the reviewer’s reports contradict one another or a report is unnecessarily delayed, a further expert opinion will be sought. In rare cases for which it is extremely difficult to find a second reviewer to review the manuscript, or when the one reviewer’s report has thoroughly convinced the Editor, decisions at this stage to accept, reject or ask the author for a revision are made on the basis of only one reviewer’s report. The Editor’s decision will be sent to the author with recommendations made by the reviewers, which usually includes verbatim comments by the reviewers. Revised manuscripts might be returned to the initial reviewers who may then request another revision of a manuscript. A final decision to accept or reject the manuscript will be sent to the author along with any recommendations made by the reviewers, and may include verbatim comments by the reviewers. Reviewers advise the editor, who is responsible for the final decision to accept, revision or reject the article. The goal of the Editorial office is of providing the reviewers’ reports, and the final decision by the Editor, within ten weeks since submission. The whole process will be handled by the Managing Editor, to whom all inquiries should be addressed.
The journal is committed to keeping the content of all submissions confidential until the publication date. Although we make every possible effort to ensure reviewers honor their confidentiality commitments, we cannot be held responsible for the conduct of reviewers. Reviewers should be aware that it is our policy to keep their names confidential, and that we do our utmost to ensure this confidentiality.
Reviewer’s responsibilies are also very important at the peer-review process. Reviewers must follow the following principles:
– Judgments should be objective.
– Reviewers should have no conflict of interest.
– Reviewers should point out relevant published work which is not yet cited.
– Reviewed articles should be treated confidentially.
Open Access Policy
Every peer-reviewed research article appearing in the International Journal of Business and Management Studies (IJBMS) is “open access”, meaning that:
-The article is universally and freely accessible via the Internet, in an easily readable format.
-The author(s) or copyright owner(s) irrevocably grant(s) to any third party, in advance and in perpetuity, the right to use, reproduce or disseminate the research article in its entirety or in part, in any format or medium, provided that no substantive errors are introduced in the process, proper attribution of authorship and correct citation details are given, and that the bibliographic details are not changed. If the article is reproduced or disseminated in part, this must be clearly and unequivocally indicated.
The International Journal of Business and Management Studies (IJBMS) is published under the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license. This license was developed to facilitate open access, namely it allows articles to be freely downloaded and to be re-used and re-distributed without restriction, as long as the original work is correctly cited. More specifically, anyone may copy, distribute or reuse these articles, create extracts, abstracts, and other revised versions, adaptations or derivative works of or from an article, mine the article even for commercial purposes, as long as they credit the author(s).
The International Journal of Business and Management Studies (IJBMS) allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.
Publication will be based on the following terms of publishing agreement:
- Copyright will be attributed to the author(s).
2. The author(s) assure the publisher that the material contained in the paper is not defamatory, unlawful, obscene, invasive of another person’s privacy, hateful, racially or ethnically objectionable, abusive, threatening, harmful or in contempt of court, and undertake to indemnify the publisher against any claims which may be made in situations where the material is considered to be any of these things or has any of these effects.
3. The author(s) assure the publisher that the paper presented is based entirely on original material, that it does not infringe anybody else’s copyright. In the case of copyright material, such as the use of quotes or images beyond what is legally considered ‘fair use’, the author(s) and/or editor(s) will undertake to arrange, and if necessary to pay for, permissions, and retain documentation proving that these permissions have been secured. The author(s) agree to indemnify the publisher against any claims as a result of breach of the copyright of others.